For the freezing rain event of February 6, here is an update on Transportation Services' winter operations plans as of February 6 at 8am.
Note: These plans are estimates only and subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount of precipitation.
Given the forecast accumulation, it is likely that multiple rounds of salting operations will be required on expressways, arterial, collector and local roads. It is not anticipated that road plows will be deployed in response to this event. High & low pedestrian volume sidewalks, as well as separated bike lanes, will also be salted multiple times.
- Salting operations commenced at approx. 6:30am – 8am in all areas
- Multiple rounds of salt will be required on all road classifications. Salting will continue throughout Wednesday.
It is not anticipated that plows will be deployed as part of our response to this event.
Trails & Separated Bike Lanes
- Salting of the Martin Goodman Trail & Humber Bay Waterfront Trail commenced at approx. 7:30am
- Salting & plowing of the separated bike lanes commenced at approx.. 7:30am
- Multiple rounds of salting on trails and bike lanes will be required
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
- Mechanical sidewalk salting on high and low pedestrian volume sidewalks commenced at 4am in all areas
- 1st round of sidewalk salting will be completed by approx. 4pm.
- 2nd round of sidewalk salting for high and low volume sidewalks will commence overnight Wednesday and Thursday. Tentatively scheduled to start at midnight.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps and on their real-time public GPS site at www.toronto.ca/plowto